august card sketch
Click image to enlarge
Designer: Stacey Kingman
Borders and layers make a simple card look much more elaborate than it is. When you get right down to it, this fun summery card is just a cute pile of bright colors and fun edges! As you make this sketch your own, add a few more (or a few less!) layers to reflect your own style and personal taste. It’s too hot to play outside right now, so grab your decorative scissors and border punches to see what you can come up with!
Instructions (Print version)
1. Cut solid cardstock to 7 ½” X 8”, score at 4”, fold in half.
2. Cut brown cardstock to 7 ¼” X 4”. Using the Corkscrew Paper Edgers, cut a corkscrew border on the right-hand 7 ¼” side, adhere to card front.
3. Cut pink cardstock to 3 ½” X 7”, adhere over brown cardstock.
4. Cut green cardstock to 3 ½” X 6 ¾”. Using the Threading Water Border Punch, create a scalloped border on the right-hand side.
5. Cut patterned paper to 2 ¾” X 6 ¾” so that it fits over the green cardstock with just the green border showing on the right.
6. Machine stitch around the edges of the patterned paper with a straight stitch, changing the stitch to a zig-zag along the border between the patterned paper and the green cardstock.
7. To create the center square, cut pink cardstock to 2” X 2”, mount on off-white cardstock, adhere, and edge with Corkscrew Paper Edger. Mount this piece to brown, trim. Machine stitch around the pink edge.
8. To create the cherry, punch a circle with the large Round ‘n Round Squeeze Punch. Cut the circle in half, cut out the inside so that just a round half-circle remains. Cut a bit more off and adhere for cherry stem. Sew button at the bottom of the stem. Punch two medium Mint Condition leaves, crimp, and adhere with Adhesive Dots.
9. Adhere this square to the card front with Adhesive Dots.
10. Print sentiment on off-white cardstock, cut into strips, adhere on front with Tool Taxi glue.
· Use a paper piercer to poke holes in the paper before sewing the button on.
· Make several of these, leave the sentiment off until you need a card, then add a perfect sentiment for any occasion!
· Leave out the machine stitching for a quicker card.
· Use regular adhesive for a flatter card.
· Don’t forget to sign the back!
Fiskars : 12-99027097 Desktop Rotary Trimmer
Fiskars : 12-33897097 Tape Runner
Fiskars : 01-001045 Threading Water Border Punch
Fiskars : 12-25967097 Foam Dots
Fiskars : 91807097 Corkscrew Paper Edgers
Fiskars : 93407097 Paper Crimper
Other – Patterned paper – October Afternoon (