Back to School lunch bags
Click image to enlarge
Designer: Lain Ehmann
It’s back-to-school time – can you believe it? If your time is at a premium (like mine is!), here’s a little something you can throw together the night before school starts in about 15 minutes with materials you have on-hand. Send your little darlin’ off in style with one of these cute and customizable lunch bags. Not the most eco-friendly option, but hey, use the bag the next day, too, and you’ll be as green as a leprechaun.
Instructions (Print version)
1. Using your favorite punch or decorative scissors, trim the top edge of a brown paper bag.
2. Fold the top edge down so you’ll see what area you have to decorate.
4. Using stamps, decorate the front of the bag to your heart’s desire.
5. Add your child’s name, thread through ribbon, and you’re Super Mom!
6. Variations: Here’s one where I pinked the edges (with my Fiskars pinking shears, of course). This is for my son, so it’s a little plainer. I don’t want to embarrass him too much!
7. …And here’s one for the teachers. I like to bribe… ahem, I mean, REWARD them on the first day of school with a few goodies like a pack of gum, travel packs of Band-Aids, Purell and tissues, and a Starbucks gift card. Have your little one sign her name. .