Candy Cane Toppers
Click image to enlarge
Designer: Patti Milazzo
As the holidays approach I’m often looking for ideas to help me make gift giving a bit easier yet still personalized and creative. And I’ve found that these candy cane covers are a simple craft that will work well for many occasions throughout the season. They can be used as party favors, as gift tags on packages or even in presenting a gift card. Hand them out at the office or stuff them in a Christmas stocking, whatever the need, they’re sure to brighten the holiday season.
1. Cut 2 ½”w x 4”h pieces of patterned paper or cardstock and punch corners with a decorative punch like the Sea Pearls 3-in-1 Punch.
2. Punch candy cane insert holes with the Circle Pop Up Punch at the top and bottom of each cover.
3. Cut 2” wide strips of patterned paper and run through the Paper Crimper; trim to width of cover and adhere to center.
4. Squeeze Punch Seal of Approval scalloped punch from paper and adhere to center of crimped strip.
5. Stamp images (snowmen) on light colored pattern paper or cardstock; accent with colored pencils; Squeeze Punch Round ‘n Round circle around images; and adhere to center of scallop shape.
Tips: If you’re adhering a gift card to the back, wrap the gift card in coordinating paper and cut the covers a bit wider to completely cover it from view. If you’re creating multiples for party favors, try Fiskars Stamp Factory for quicker stamping.
Fiskars Brands: 99947097 Non Stick No. 5 Micro-Tip® Scissors
Fiskars Brands: 12-9902 7097 Desktop Rotary Trimmer
Fiskars Brands: 01-005225 3-in-1 Corner Punch – Sea Pearls
Fiskars Brands: 12-7424 7097 Large Squeeze Punch - Round n’ Round
Fiskars Brands: 01-003776 Extra Large Scalloped Squeeze Punch – Seal of Approval
Fiskars Brands: 12-25637097 Pop-Up Punch – Circle
Fiskars Brands: 93407097 Paper Crimper
Fiskars Brands: 01-000068 Stamp Block Set
Fiskars Brands: 12-89328897 Clear Stamps – ‘Tis the Season
Fiskars Brands: 12-33897097 Tape Runner (adhesive)
Other: Basic Grey (Eskimo Kisses) http://www.basicgrey.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=111 , Bo Bunny (‘Tis the Season) http://bobunny.com/summer09catalog.html