Easter Egg Hunt Scrapbook Page
Click image to enlarge
Scrap an egg-cellent page for the holidays!
- Required supplies:
- Cardstock- light green, green, tan, white, light blue, assorted pastel colors
- Black pen
- Frame: Cut cardstock 3" larger than picture.
- Measure 1" from outer edges and score using 12" cutter. Measure in another 1" and trim.
- Mark corners diagonally from inside corner to scoring line corner. Clip on diagonal.
- Fold wrong sides together on scoring line.
- Trim with paper edgers along outside of folded frame.
- Unfold and trim interior corners to match as needed.
- Use Fiskars border punch along one side of 1 1/8" strips of white paper.
- Turn strip around, making sure diamond tips match (overlapping slightly) and punch second side.
- Trim along diagonal lines to form mitered corner and paste to outside of frame, using frame fold as centering line.
- Basket: Cut a 3" x 3" square of tan cardstock. Fold in half.
- Mark pencil line 1/4" from top.
- Using 12" cutter, every 1/4", cut through folded edge to line.
- Cut 3, 1/4" x 6" strips. Weave these strips through folded paper, forming basket.
- Once finished, glue strips together on back side.
- Add a 1/2" x 6" strip around top of basket edge.
- Eggs: Cut egg shaped or oval pieces in various colors.
- Using paper edgers trim various shapes and colors to form accent pieces.
- Glue to base color forming "easter eggs".
- Use smaller eggs to fill basket and decorate frame.
- Larger eggs are used as part of the title.
- Add lettering and mount with pop dots and embroidery thread.
- Tag: Emboss complementary color tag using Fiskars Texture Plates.
- Add lettering, fiber and chalk to highlight.