Click image to enlarge
Designer: Patti Milazzo
Here’s a 3 photo sketch that’s just right for wallet or index sized cropped photos. The design is simple yet can be easily dressed up with detailed accents, as I did on my layout. I textured and layered the accents using Fiskars Squeeze Punches and a few other tools to create the fringed flowers, dimensional butterflies and stacked hearts.
1. Cut 11” square of patterned paper; punch corners with 3-in-1 Romantique Corner Punch and adhere to center of cardstock. Attach mini brads to accent the punched corner design.
2. Cut patterned strip at top; round top corners with Round the Corner Squeeze Punch and adhere to page.
3. Cut light colored patterned paper to same width and slightly shorter than 11” square; round bottom corners and adhere to page. Machine stitch along top where stripe paper meets dotted paper.
Note: If you choose to print part of your title/journaling at the bottom of the page as I did, cut your paper to printer size and print your title/journaling as needed to fit. Apply chipboard and stickers at this time as well.
4. Adhere 3 wallet sized photos near upper half of dotted paper.
5. Cut 2 – 12” long strips of patterned paper; crimp strips with the Paper Crimper and accordion fold both pieces. Adhere strips to page – joining to form one long piece across the width of the page – and machine stitch to further secure.
6. To create fringed flowers, use the Ultra ShapeXpress Tool and Circle Template as well as the Round ‘n Round Squeeze Punches for the circles – 2 of each size circle (large flower has 6 layers and the smaller flower has 4 layers).
7. Trim each flower with the Pinking Paper Edgers; crumple the piece a bit; then cut fringes all around. Layer and adhere the pieces together; then punch a small circle from cardstock with the Pop Up Punch and adhere a button to the center. Adhere flowers to the page as shown
8. Squeeze Punch several Mint Condition leaves; distress and adhere around flowers.
9. Squeeze Punch several butterlies (3 each) with the All-A-Flutter Squeeze Punch; stack and adhere to the page, then machine stitch to further secure. Fold wings up for dimension.
10. Squeeze Punch That’s Amore hearts and Round ‘n Round circles; stack and adhere in place.
Fiskars Brands: 99947097 Non Stick No. 5 Micro-Tip® Scissors
Fiskars Brands: 12-9902 7097 Desktop Rotary Trimmer
Fiskars Brands: 4800 7097 Ultra ShapeXpress™
Fiskars Brands: 4850 7097 ShapeTemplate™ Tool - Circles-1 w/Scallop Border
Fiskars Brands: 8608 7097 12 x 12 Craft Mat
Fiskars Brands: 92007097 Paper Edgers - Pinking
Fiskars Brands: 12-7436 7097 Medium Squeeze Punch - Round n’ Round
Fiskars Brands: 12-7424 7097 Large Squeeze Punch - Round n’ Round
Fiskars Brands: 12-7414 7097 Extra Large Squeeze Punch - Round n’ Round
Fiskars Brands: 12-74197097 Medium Squeeze Punch - That’s Amore
Fiskars Brands: 12-73087097 Large Squeeze Punch - That’s Amore
Fiskars Brands: 12-73067097 Medium Squeeze Punch - Mint Condition
Fiskars Brands: 12- 73137097 Large Squeeze Punch - Mint Condition
Fiskars Brands: 12-73257097 Extra Large Squeeze Punch - Mint Condition
Fiskars Brands: 01-004429 Large Limited Edition Squeeze Punch – All A Flutter
Fiskars Brands: 12-7329 7097 Corner Squeeze Punch - ¼ Round the Corner
Fiskars Brands: 01-005227 3-in-1 Corner Punch – Romantique
Fiskars Brands: 12-25637097 Pop-Up Punch – Circle
Fiskars Brands: 93407097 Paper Crimper
Fiskars Brands: 12-33897097 Tape Runner (adhesive)
Other: Fancy Pants Designs http://www.fancypantsdesigns.com; October Afternoon – Weathervane patterned papers http://www.octoberafternoon.com; Bo Bunny – Flutter Butter and Decaf Double Dot Cardstock; L’il Davis Stripped Chip Playtime Alphabet; Buttons; mini brads; kraft cardstock; Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink by Clearsnap; Computer fonts: Lucida Handwriting