September 2008 sketch
Click image to enlarge
Designer: Katrina Simeck
I live in New England, which means that I always have tons of fall photos to scrapbook. I created this one page layout to celebrate one of my favorite autumn hues – ORANGE! Using a leaf border punch allowed me to add a seasonal detail without overwhelming the page. This sketch can easily be adapted for any occasion.
- 1. Start with a 12x12 piece of cardstock as your base.
- 2. Round the corners of your photos with the Fiskars Round the Corner Punch
- 3. Trim a piece of patterned paper to approximately 10.5” x 9.25”.
- 4. Use the Fiskars Leaf Border Punch to punch the lower edge of the patterned paper.
- 5. Trim two strips of solid cardstock to 10.5” x 1”. Use the Fiskars Round the Corner Punch on two corners of each strip. Adhere to base cardstock top & bottom.
- 6. Adhere patterned paper between the two cardstock strips, positioning so that punched border overlaps the solid cardstock strip at bottom of layout.
- 7. Trim a strip of patterned paper to 12” x 0.5”. Adhere to bottom of layout, above punched border.
- 8. Add title using alphabet stickers. Punch brackets from patterned paper, and use to frame title.
- 9. Cut journaling into strips and adhere above title.
- 10. Embellish page using buttons and felt ribbon.
Fiskars Round the Corner Punch 12-73297097
Fiskars Leaf Border Punch 12-234427097
Fiskars XL You Bracket, You Bought It Punch 12-73277097
Fiskars 12” Portable Trimmer 12-98937897
Fiskars Tape Runner 12-33897097
Kimberly Polson Patterned Paper – Cabana Blooms Stripes
Kimberly Polson Patterned Paper – Cabana Blooms Antique Flourish (b side)
Kimberly Polson Buttons – Cabana Blooms
Lil Davis Designs Everyday Collection Felt Ribbon
Cloud 9 Cocoa Mint Collection – Large Alphabet Stickers
Other - Cardstock