Click image to enlarge
Designer: Amy Griffith
I’ll confess that I was never much of a punch user until I was introduced to Fiskars Squeeze Punches. I instantly recognized them as a fast and super easy way to add a little bit of detail to my projects. Soon after that, I tried a border punch and was sold on them too. I’m so excited about all of the newest releases from Fiskars in the way of punch designs, and I had a lot of fun playing with some of them on this layout about my sister and me.
Instructions (Print version)
1. Trim white cardstock to 9x9 inches and adhere to a 12x12 piece of kraft cardstock.
2. Trim Sweet Stripes patterned paper and teal cardstock to 8x8.5 inches.
3. Punch along one of the 8-inch sides of each paper using the upper crest border punch.
4. With the polka dot side facing up, adhere the teal cardstock to the patterned paper to achieve a layered affect on top of the white cardstock.
5. Adhere a photo to the teal cardstock.
6. Add a title along the left side of the photo using alphabet stickers.
7. Trim hearts from the Lots of Love patterned paper using micro-tip scissors, and adhere them along the bottom of the photo.
8. Using a straight stitch and your favorite color of thread, stitch across the hearts several times.
9. Punch one extra large and one large scalloped circle from kraft cardstock. Then, using a black pen, roughly trace just inside the edge of each to mimic the look of the hearts in the Lots of Love patterned paper. Add journaling, and adhere the two circles to the layout.
10. Trim a piece of white cardstock to approximately 2.5x1.5 inches, and punch along all four edges using the apron lace border punch. Again, roughly trace just inside the edge to mimic the look of the hearts. Add a clear overlay to the center and adhere to the layout.
11. Add other dimensional stickers as desired to complete the layout.
Fiskars Upper Crest Border Punch-
Fiskars Apron Lace Border Punch-
Fiskars Large Seal of Approval Squeeze Punch-
Fiskars Extra Large Seal of Approval Squeeze Punch-
Fiskars Micro-Tip Scissors-
Fiskars Desktop Rotary Trimmer-
Heidi Grace Sweetest Bug Lots of Love Patterned Paper
Heidi Grace Sweetest Bug Sweet Stripes Patterned Paper
Heidi Grace Sweetest Bug Dimensional Word Stickers
Heidi Grace Sweetest Bug Clear Overlay Shapes
Heidi Grace Cardstock Alphas Stickers
Other: teal, white, and kraft cardstock, black journaling pen