travel-size toiletries bag
Click image to enlarge
Designer: Kelly Purkey
Being someone that travels quite a bit, I always appreciate gifts that help me packing a lot easier. My roomate works for an airline and flies quite frequently so I created this little pouch with toiletries as a gift... but would love to keep it for myself! Including travel sized shampoo, conditioner, sunscreen, and toothpaste, I know she'll appreciate just being able to throw this gift into her suitcase. I also sewed a little pocket to hold onto any other essentials she may need to pack. Use your Fiskars tools to help create this gift for someone who is always on the go!
Instructions (Print version)
1. Use Fiskars acrylic ruler and Fiskars Fabric Rotary Cutter to cut two 6x14 pieces of fabric and one 6x14 piece of cotton interface. Press the fabric. Use Fiskars Pinking Fabric Shears to cut 1.5x14 and stitch onto front piece of fabric.
2. Lay Fiskars Brackets and Journals Shape Template onto fabric and trace label using a pencil. Cut out using Fiskars No. 8 Scissors. Lay Fiskars Heart Shape Template onto fabric and trace 1" heart using a pencil. Cut out with Fiskars No. 8 Scissors and applique onto fabric label. Applique label onto the front piece of fabric so that it is centered on the right side when the fabric is folded in half.
3. For the long pocket, use Fiskars Fabric Rotary Cutter to cut one 4.5x9 strip of fabric and press. Pin onto inside piece of fabric with the pattern side up. Add ribbon with fabric glue along the top of the pocket.
4. For the small pocket, cut one piece of fabric 4x6 for the pocket and one piece 3x6 for the flap. Trim the edge of the 3x6 with Fiskars Pinking Fabric Scissors and fold the left corners in to create a flap. Stitch the corners under then stitch the flap to the inside piece of fabric with the patterned side down. Pin the pocket onto the inside piece of fabric with the patterned side up.
5. Set the pieces down in this order: cotton interface, front piece of fabric with the patterned side up, inside piece of fabric with the patterned side down. Stitch together, leaving enough of a hole at the edge to pull the pouch right side out. Glue hole together using fabric glue. Measure the size of the toiletries bottles and stitch seams to create pockets for them. Add velcro.
01-005266 - Fiskars Brackets and Journaling Shape Template - http://www.fiskarscrafts.com/tools/t_shapetemplate-bracketsandjournal.aspx