Click image to enlarge
Designer: Lisa Truesdell
I am an aspiring quilter – but rarely find myself with enough free time to immerse myself in the hobby. I still love looking at quilt designs, and the stacked coin quilt is one of my favorites. It’s simple and clean lined, and is a perfect way to combine a variety of colors and patterns into one quilt. I decided to my Fiskars punches to create a similar pattern to accent this page. This sketch will let you turn your scraps of patterned paper into the perfect accent for any topic.
1. Trim grid patterned paper to 6.5x12 and attach to your background cardstock.
2. Mask off the grid patterned paper with a piece of scrap paper and then spray your background cardstock with spray ink – once towards the top left, and once towards the bottom right.
3. Add a strip of green patterned paper above the grid patterned paper.
4. Use your Upper Crest border punch on a strip of green patterned paper, then add it below the grid cardstock.
5. Add ribbon between the grid and green patterned papers, and stitch into place.
6. Add two 4x6s photos to the grid patterned paper.
7. Use your L Brick by Brick Squeeze punch on a variety of scraps in a color scheme that compliments your photos.
8. Stack the rectangles alongside your photos, in three rows (2 on the left, 1 on the right). Trim off any overhang on the right and left sides. Machine stitch into place.
9. Use your Ultra Shapexpress and Bracket and Journal template to cut 2 journaling shapes from yellow patterned paper. Cut one in half and journal on it. Add to the top left of the page with foam adhesive. Trim the top off the other and add your title with chipboard letters. Add to the bottom right of the page with foam adhesive.
10. Accent the page with green and blue brads.
Fiskars :12-99027097 Desktop Rotary Trimmer
Fiskars : 12-7307 Squeeze Punches Brick By Brick L
Fiskars : 01-004595 Upper Crest Border Punch
Fiskars : 48007097 Ultra Shapexpress
Fiskars : 01-005266 Bracket and Journal Shape Template
Fiskars: 12-25967097 Foam Dots
Fiskars : 12-33897097 Tape Runner
Other : Cardstock, brads, yellow patterned paper, pennant patterned paper (American Crafts), yellow, red, clothes & blue patterned paper & chipboard letters (Cosmo Cricket), grid patterned paper (Scenic Route), alphabet patterned paper (Sassafras)