Click image to enlarge
DESIGNER: Susan Weinroth
I wanted this layout to have a warm & patchwork-y feel. I used my Fiskars super-sized heart template and Ultra ShapeXpress tool to trim out the heart base for my layout’s focal accent. Add scraps of various colored paper around the edges and you have instant-patchwork! Finish off the page’s heart theme by hand-cutting hearts from patterned paper using Fiskars Microtip No. 5 scissors.
- Start with a 12x12 piece of white cardstock as your page base.
- Trim aqua cardstock down to sketch size, or to fit your photo. Corner round top right corner. Adhere on page as shown in sketch.
- Trim super-sized heart from kraft cardstock. Adhere to page according to sketch.
- Trim small bits of various different patterned paper and adhere lightly around the edge of your heart.
- Machine stitch through them (around heart).
- Add title to heart.
- Add photo and journaling strips to aqua mat. Accent photo with brads.
- Add strip of patterned paper beneath photo on aqua mat and extending to the edge of the page.
- Use Fiskars Microtip No. 5 scissors to trim hearts (freestyle) from various different patterned papers. Adhere lightly underneath photo and then machine stitch through.
- Use the scallop sentiment border punch to bunch bits of paper scraps and then adhere around edge of layout to accent color scheme of your page. Machine stitch through each.
Ultra ShapeXpress –
Super Sized heart templates
No. 5 Microtip Scissors –
Round the Corner –
Scallop Sentiment Border Punch –
12 inch/30 cm Portable Trimmer –
OTHER: cardstock (Bazzill), patterned paper, chipboard letters (American Crafts), brads, machine stitching